These days, keeping everything in order is a little harder than it used to be. So, we've provided you with a helpful checklist of the necessary forms that we hope eases your mind just a bit.
Forms You'll Need
- Completion Certificate from our online Drivers Ed course.
- Your parent, guardian or foster parent must have his or her driver's license or state-issued identification card number.
- Proof of legal presence (legal presence means that a person is either a U.S. citizen or is legally authorized to be in the United States)
- Proof of Virginia residency.
- Your Social Security Number (if you have been issued one).
All documents must be originals and will be subject to verification.
When you apply for a learner's permit, you will also complete the application process for your driver's license and pay the fees for both the permit and license.
For information on current requirements and acceptable documents, refer to "Acceptable Documents for Obtaining a Driver's License or Photo ID Card" (DMV 141).
- It was a very fun and interesting format; and I learned a lot of useful as well as legal information about driving. I am better for it, and plan on an annual review!
- Excellent on-line course. Great to work at my own speed, and to come back to the website at the place I last left it.
- The course opened my eyes to many things that I had never thought about when driving. I feel I will be much better prepared - and a better driver - after taking this course.
Steps You Need To Take
Find everything you need to know about getting your license. From signing up to applying for your license. It's all right here in "Steps to Get Your License".
Get the answers you need to questions you ask the most including details about the course, concerns about getting your license and info about our company.
Forms You'll Need
Before you head out to apply for your license, make sure you're prepared. In this section, you'll find a list of the forms and documents you will probably need.