See for yourself how effective
our online Driver Education
courses can be
- It was a good learning experience, and I learned a ton of information that will help me become a better driver.
- Amazing and totally convenient! I even got my two best friends to sign up because of how simple it was.
- I believe that this has made me more educated in driving, and I would recommend this site!
Set expectations and know what both sides want and don't want starts BEFORE your teenager starts driving.
What Makes Our Driving Course Better Than the Rest?
With our award-winning online course, you'll find everything you need to succeed - and all on your own schedule. Using cutting-edge teaching methods incorporating video, audio, and animation elements, this is Driver's Ed without the hassle - and with all the fun!
Meeting All Texas Requirements for Drivers Education Online
The Parent-Taught Driver's Ed course is fully approved by the Texas DPS, and provides all the information you need to know before you get on the road.
In order to complete your Texas Driver's Ed online, you must be at least 14 years old. This course is designed to meet the 32-hour state requirement and help you earn your driving permit quickly and easily.
You will work through 12 subject-based units at your own pace, logging on and off whenever you want. (Don't worry; with the auto-save feature, you can pick up right where you left off!) The course covers essential Texas traffic laws and driving procedures, and deals with such topics as:
- Night driving
- Driving in various weather conditions
- Road signs and signals
- Defensive driving techniques
- Freeway driving
- Merging and lane changing
- Hazard prevention methods
Say goodbye to the boring pages of a textbook: you'll learn all of this material quickly and easily with the help of engaging videos and interactive animations to guide you. Once you've completed each chapter and unit quiz, you'll take your final exam. If you don't pass, you can try again - we allow UNLIMITED retakes! You're practically guaranteed to pass the course.
How Long Will it Take to Get My Driving Permit?
The state of Texas has approved I Drive Safely's online classroom training as
a concurrent teaching method.
- Take 6 hours of online instruction toward earning your permit.
- Take 26 hours of online training.
- Take 34 hours of parent-taught behind-the-wheel training while taking the online course.
Be sure you learn your driving skills on and off the computer in order to satisfy all requirements. A few other things to remember:
- You cannot complete your online course in less than 20 calendar days.
- You cannot complete the 34 hours of behind-the-wheel training in less than 14 calendar days.
- At least 10 behind-the-wheel hours must be logged at night.
- A student cannot receive more than two hours of instruction in one day.
Our Driving Course Goes Faster Than You Think!
By combining cool animations with short, easy-to-read text, you'll be surprised at how involved you get in your studies.
And by being in control of when you study, how long you study, and where you study, you'll be more focused, your attention won't wane, and you'll be refreshed and ready to go every time you log on.
Plus, with our compact lesson plans and interactive features, you'll be more engaged and find yourself breezing through the course in no time at all, with no hassle.
Pass Your DPS Exam Without a Hitch!
Your course comes with a free 50-Question practice test to get you ready for your written exam that will earn you your learner's permit. You can take it as many times as you want, and score yourself to track your improvement and progress.
We're Here For The Parents, Too!
I Drive Safely is your one-stop shop for everything you need to help your teen evolve into a safe, responsible driver. Whether it's our guide on how to get your learners permit in Texas online or our Parent-Teen Driving Contract, we have all the tools to make this period of growth fun and stress-free. Visit our Parents Page for tips on motivating your child through their drivers ed courses and making sure they have the ideal environment to succeed.