Registering to become a Parent-Instructor is an easy process. Simply:
1. Sign up for the course.
2. During the sign up, you'll be prompted to download the State Required DL-92 Request Form.*
3. Complete the DL-92 Request Form. and submit with a non-refundable fee (please check with the Department of Public Safety for exact amount and remember, you can only use a check or money order) to:
Texas Department of Public Safety
License Issuance Bureau
P.O. Box 149246
Austin, Texas 78714-9246
4. Wait for the state to approve you as a Parent Instructor. (usually 2 - 3 weeks.)
5. Once the State approves you, they will mail you your Parent Taught Driver Education packet.
6. Upon receipt of the packet, you may begin your joint online testing and behind-the-wheel training! Easy as that!
1. For each student who will be participating in the Parent Taught Driver Education Program an additional DL-92 Request Form and non-refundable fee are required.
2. The Request Form must be completely filled out with original signatures or the process will be delayed. Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery.
3. (You do not need to worry about this step right now, just be aware that at the end of the course you will need to complete this form.) Once you're approved as an instructor, a DE-964 Certificate will be assigned to the student and forwarded to the designated Driver License Office where the student will apply for the license and take the required tests. The DE-964 Certificate will be maintained and available at the designated Driver License office for the instructor to complete.
Once you sign up for our course, please feel free to call us with any concern or question. We'll help you every step of the way. After all, that's what we're here for.
For more information about the Parent Taught Driver Education, please visit the Texas Department of Public Safety website.
Teaching Your Teen About Safe Driving
Need some helpful hints and techniques to make the “learning-to-drive process” a whole lot easier – and peaceful.
Parent-Teen Safe Driving Contract
Get on the same page with our easy-to-edit Safe Driving Contract. Set expectations and know what both sides want and don't want starts BEFORE your teenager starts driving.
How to Sign Up?
It’s easier than you think. And we’re here to help you through every step.