These days, keeping everything in order is a little harder than it used to be. So, we've provided you with a helpful checklist of the necessary forms you'll need. We hope they ease your mind just a bit.
- Prior to taking our Parent-Taught Drivers Education program you will need to submit:
DL-92 - Request Form
- Once you finish the initial 6-hours of online training, you will receive the 6-Hour Permit Qualification Certificate (DE-964E) via email. Once you receive that form, you will need to take ALL the following forms to the Driver License Office to apply for your learner's permit:
- 6-Hour Permit Qualification Certificate (DE-964E)
- Application for Texas Driver License, DL-14a
- Parental Driver Education Affidavit, DL-90a (This form will have been sent to you once you are approved as a Parent-Taught Instructor.)
- Classroom Instruction Record, DL-91a
- Pay the required fee (around $16) for Instruction Permit Issuance.
- Proof of registration and insurance (if you own the vehicle)
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Texas Residency/Domicile
(2 documents are required. Your "residency" is the place where you live most of the time. Your "domicile" is your fixed, permanent home. Proof of these includes anything with your name and Texas address, and may be the same as your proof of identity, such as a high school report card from the current school year, a medical/health card, a U.S. passport, or insurance policy.)
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Verification of Enrollment and Attendance Form from Students High School.
- After completing our Parent-Taught Drivers Education program you will need to take the following forms to your Drivers License Office in order to get your unrestricted driver license:
- Valid Instruction Permit (minimum age 16 and held a VALID Instruction Permit for a 6 month period)
- Verification of Enrollment and Attendance Form in school (included in your Parent-Taught Instruction Kit)
- Proof Of Texas Residency/Domicile
(2 documents are required. Your "residency" is the place where you normally live most of the time. Your "domicile" is your fixed, permanent home. Proof of either of these includes anything with your name and Texas address, such as a high school report card from the current school year, a medical/health card, or a birth certificate.)
- Parental Driver Education Affidavit, DL-90a (sent to you by the Texas Department of Public Safety once you are approved as a Parent-Taught Instructor.)
- Classroom Instruction and Behind the Wheel Record Log, DL-91A and DL-91B
- Pay the required $16 fee for Provisional Driver License
- Proof of registration and insurance for your testing vehicle
- It was a good learning experience, and I learned a ton of information that will help me become a better driver.
- Amazing and totally convenient! I even got my two best friends to sign up because of how simple it was.
- I believe that this has made me more educated in driving, and I would recommend this site!
Steps You Need To Take
Find everything you need to know about getting your license. From signing up to applying for your license. It's all right here in "Steps to Get Your License".
Get the answers you need to questions you ask the most including details about the course, concerns about getting your license and info about our company.
Forms You'll Need
Before you head out to apply for your license, make sure you're prepared. In this section, you'll find a list of the forms and documents you will probably need.