As a parent instructor, you have a lot of responsibility riding on your shoulders. We are here to make that burden a little easier by providing you with an effective and convenient way to teach your teen the driving essentials that they need to know – and we do so in a way that helps them engage and learn best.
With I DRIVE SAFELY, you have a dedicated partner in educating your teen to be safe and responsible behind the wheel. We are here for you every step of the way, and you can count on our course to offer the most flexibility and convenience for both you and your teen – because you both deserve it.
Replacing your teen's standard classroom course with online learning methods gives them the edge in effective studying. With online lessons, your teen will never be pressured or rushed through their material. They won't sit in a room full of distractions, or struggle to pay attention to lectures and textbooks. Instead, they can study from the comfort of home, in a quiet and nurturing environment where you're there to coach them through.
- Study around their own schedule
- Set a comfortable pace for their learning style
- Adjust the lessons comfortably to their needs
- Log in and out from any computer, anywhere
- Take breaks whenever they need them
We believe that in order for your child to learn, they need to be engaged and interested in their lessons. With that in mind, our expert designers have created a course that helps your teen become an active participant in their driver's education.
Your teen will learn through text and multimedia lessons which include videos, animations, graphics, visual aids, and interactive teaching tools – all designed to facilitate speedy learning and long memory retention. This way, they will be able to absorb the information more easily, and use it when it comes time for their behind-the-wheel practice.
In order to become a parent instructor, you must perform the following steps:
- Download the Oklahoma Parent-Taught Affidavit
- Mail the completed form along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Oklahoma DPS - Driver License Examining
3600 Martin Luther King
PO Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136
- The Parent-Taught Driver Education Packet from the Oklahoma DPS will arrive within 2-3 weeks notifying you that you have been approved
- Once you receive your packet:
- Fill out the I DRIVE SAFELY Oklahoma Parent-Taught Driver's Education Application
- Send us the Affidavit of Approval along with the I DRIVE SAFELY Oklahoma Parent-Taught Driver's Education Application via fax, email, or US Postal Service
- Fax Number: (760) 692-3226
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: 5760 Fleet Street, Suite 210, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- A verification email will be sent to you confirming approval
Once you have received the verification email, your teen may begin their driver's education course.
Since the Parent-Taught Oklahoma Driver's Education program involved many steps, we decided to give you a little bit of a head start. On the following pages, you'll find tips and resources to help you and your teen get from their Oklahoma Driver's Ed to the driver's seat!
- Read each of the Steps to Take to earn an Oklahoma permit and license
- Research and print the Forms You'll Need for the DPS
- Consider some Teaching Hints for a smooth behind-the-wheel training session
- Browse our FAQs for some common questions from parents just like you
For added peace of mind, your Oklahoma PTDE course comes with a free Parent-Teen Driving Contract for you to fill out. This document allows you and your teen to establish safe and agreed-upon ground rules for their first few months (or years!) behind the wheel. Decide upon curfews, passenger limits, food and drink rules, and other concerns that either of you may have. This way, if rules are broken, each of you knows the consequences that will follow.
Regardless of when you and your teen find time to work on their course, we will be here to answer questions you may have. Feel free to contact us via either of the methods below. Our 24/7 Customer Support team is ready and waiting!
Call us at (800) 990-2814. TDD for the hearing impaired: 800.735.2929
On average, we answer all calls within 45 seconds.
- Email us at email@example.comWe answer all emails within 24 hours if not sooner.
Let's start this exciting journey together. Sign up now, and begin your child's Oklahoma Driver's Ed today!
Teaching Your Teen About Safe Driving
Need some helpful hints and techniques to make the 'learning-to-drive process' a whole lot easier- and peaceful?
Parent-Teen Safe Driving Contract
Get on the same page with our easy-to-edit Safe Driving Contract. Set expectations and know what both sides want and don't want starts BEFORE your teenager starts driving.
How to Sign Up?
It’s easier than you think. And we’re here to help you through every step.