Forms are VERY important! Especially when it comes to getting your permit. Follow the instructions below, have all your documents in order, make an appointment with the DMV to take your permit exam and you should have no problems. (And remember, you must be at least 15 ½, but under 18 years to get a permit.)
(You can either have these forms notarized, or sign them in person at the DMV office.)
- Driver's License Application
- Minor Affidavit & Information Sheet
- Some form of your proof of identity. These can include:
- Official U.S.-issued Birth Certificate or Certified Abstract (hospital copies do not count)
- U.S. Passport (must either be current or have an expiration date of less than one year ago)
- U.S. Military I.D. or Military Report of Separation
- Certificate of Citizenship of Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Permanent Resident Card/Temporary Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card or I-551 Receipt
- Valid Foreign Passport with the stamp, "Processed for I-551"
- Arrival-Departure Record (I-94 form) with Visa or Passport Permit to Reenter U.S.
- Refugee Travel Documents
- State-Issued License or ID stating the number. Examples of this include:
- Social Security Card
- U.S. Military I.D.
- Original DD-214 Form (Military Separation)
- Documentation of Social Security
The Nevada DMV does not accept other states' driver's licenses, learner's permits, or I.D. cards as identity proof. You will need to bring one of the stated documents as well as your license, permit, or I.D. card. U.S. territory and foreign country residents are required to meet the Proof of Identity requirements above, and must also take tests for vision, skills, and knowledge.
Steps You Need To Take
Find everything you need to know about getting your license. From signing up to applying for your license. It's all right here in "Steps to Get Your License".
Get the answers you need to questions you ask the most including details about the course, concerns about getting your license and info about our company.
Forms You’ll Need
Before you head out to apply for your license, make sure you're prepared. In this section, you'll find a list of the forms and documents you will probably need.