For your teen, it may feel like the process of getting a Nevada driver's license has taken an eternity. But before you grant them total independence, there's one more step you should take: the two of you should sit down and complete a Parent-Teen Driving Contract!
This is a document that establishes what rules you have for each other when it comes to your teen driving. A written contract will keep you honest with one another, and will afford you both peace of mind knowing that you're in agreement on such an important topic.
Some of the driving aspects you'll discuss are:
- Passengers: who is allowed to accompany your teen
- Cell phone use while driving
- Car payments/other financial obligations, if applicable
- Drinking and its impact on driving
It's important to address these topics early, so that expectations are set before your son or daughter gets out on the road on their own. With patience and a willingness to compromise, you shouldn't have any problem reaching an agreement on each section of the contract.
- It's 100% editable, so can you change whatever you want
- It's clear and succinct, so there will be no misunderstandings
- It'll help keep your teen safe!
- Parent-Teen Driving Contract
Teaching Your Teen About Safe Driving
Need some helpful hints and techniques to make the “learning-to-drive process” a whole lot easier – and peaceful?
Parent-Teen Safe Driving Contract
Get on the same page with our easy-to-edit Safe Driving Contract. Set expectations and know what both sides want and don't want starts BEFORE your teenager starts driving.