Forms are VERY important! Especially when it comes to getting your permit. Follow the instructions below, have all your documents in order, make an appointment with the DDS to take your permit exam and you should have no problems. (And remember, you must be at least 15, but under 18 years to get a permit.)
- Your Certificate of Completion from our online Driver's Ed course.
- A Georgia DDS Certificate of Attendance form must be signed and notarized from your school. It is only valid for 30 days. All applicants under the age of 18 not enrolled in school must provide a GED diploma, high school diploma, or an attendance form from your local Board of Education if you are enrolled in an approved home school program.
- Your Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP) card.
- One of the following forms of identification:
- An original U.S. birth certificate or copy of the U.S. birth certificate, which must be certified and have an embossed state seal (hospital-issued birth certificates are not accepted)
- U.S. certificate of birth registration
- Copy of court records for adoption, name changes, and so on. The copy must be certified
- Certified naturalization records
- Immigration card
- Valid passport
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must provide original immigration documents that have not expired.
- You'll need to know your social security number, but you are not required to bring in your original social security card. Your SSN will be verified online with the social security records system, which will confirm your first and last name, birth date and social security number, before your permit is issued.
- If you are not a citizen, you may instead provide a Social Security Denial Letter (SSA L676 form).
The following forms can also be found at Georgia’s DDS site.
- It was really interesting and fun overall. Reading information mixed with videos and animations made it enjoyable.
- This is a very good course, I learned a lot about driving and road conditions. I would recommend this course to anyone.
Steps You Need To Take
Find everything you need to know about getting your license. From signing up to applying for your license. It's all right here in "Steps to Get Your License".
Get the answers you need to questions you ask the most including details about the course, concerns about getting your license and info about our company.
Forms You'll Need
Before you head out to apply for your license, make sure you're prepared. In this section, you'll find a list of the forms and documents you will probably need.